10 Crazy Facts About Make Up
Whats up Followers!
Hope you’ve been having a great August and are enjoying the bipolar weather that Lahore is having these days. But never fear – winter is almost here! Fall in fact is on its way and I for one am really looking forward to some colder temps and warmer looks! So for today I’ve actually got quite a fun blog planned for you ladies. I decided to mix it up a little bit & since August had 5 Monday’s whereas usually I get to post 4 blogs a month I thought my bonus blog for this month would be something fun & crazy! So today’s blog is going to serve only two purposes; one it’s going to give you a chance to kick back, put your heels up & read to yourself & two it’s totally going to make you crack up!
Yep that’s right, today’s blog is going to be a funny one! I wanted to do something different so I thought we would look into some crazy interesting facts about, none other than, make up! Make up has been around for centuries in its own shape and form, it can be traced all the way back to the early empires where the royal ladies used things like strawberries, grape juice and bug blood for lipstick! Okay I don’t mean to weird any of you out but I hope you enjoy today’s blog about crazy make up facts, without further adieu, here goes:
1. It is understood that Cleopatra used to douse her ship sails in perfume so that Greece/Rome could “smell” her before she arrived at their ports.
2. Every year there are 900 million lipsticks sold all over the world.
3. Do you know how your lipsticks and shimmer sticks get their shimmer? Fish scales!
4. The world’s first EVER cosmetics were created from copper and lead ore by ancient Egyptians.
5. “Cosmetic” comes from the Greek word “Cosmos” – which means “worldly, or belonging to the world”.
6. Cochineal is a red dye made of ground up beetles, and was used in ancient Incan and Aztec civilizations to color lips and nails red.
7. Neon nailpolish is banned in the US. The ones you see have to be absolutely neon colorant free.
8. In the Elezebethan era, coat tar was used as eye liner & mascara. Unfortunately it had some horrible side effects such as blindness & it was flammable.
9. The diva behind the “Tan” trend was none other than Coco Chanel herself.
10. 60% of 12 year olds use make up/cosmetics.
This blog is short and sweet but I hope you enjoyed these fun crazy facts about make up as much as I enjoyed finding and compiling them for you. Us girls will do some crazy stuff to look good, the whole beetle bug mush story always makes me a little queasy but hey no pain no gain right. Remember if you ever have a topic you would like me to blog about, simply drop me an email in my FB inbox. Until next week – have a fabulous one!