Soft, bouncy, voluminous tresses can be yours. Here, the latest breakthrough products, tools, and treatments to get the hair you want.
1. THE PERFECT SHAMPOO Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner can help scale back the number of times you shampoo in a week, thanks to technology that repels dirt and oil by casting an invisible shield around each strand. Why shampoo less? “Wet hair is most vulnerable to breakage,” says Tim Rogers, Living Proof’s creative director, so the less often you brush and blow-dry sopping-wet hair, the healthier it can grow without splitting. Bottom line: With this duo, your locks becomes smoother and shinier.
2. EASIEST EXTENSIONS Hair extensions can cause severe damage, look fake, or be difficult to attach. But Hair2wear, a line of clip-in pieces launched with tress-blessed model Christie Brinkley, are a goofproof DIY option that adds instant volume without breaking the bank—or your strands. While synthetic, the extensions (available in 12 hues) blend seamlessly with your natural color, and can be styled with hot tools, washed, and air-dried.
3. MUST-TRY TREATMENT Kérastase’s Immunity to Dryness in-salon service is “a megadose of hydration that leaves hair supple and shiny in 25 minutes,” says stylist Nina Dimachki. Unlike other rejuvenating remedies, a moisturizing cream is applied before washing and conditioning, acting as a primer to prevent your shampoo from over-stripping oils needed for shine. And because ends often need extra repair, the four-part treatment finishes with an antioxidant-loaded balm that’s especially designed for dull, scraggly tips.
4. SPEEDIEST BLOWOUT On the days you need to look your best—and fast—seek out a blow-dry bar. New York’s DreamDry, co-created by star stylist Rachel Zoe, guarantees busy clients smooth and high-shine styles inspired by the latest runway trends in 40 minutes. If you aren’t in the Big Apple, stress not—DreamDry is expanding nationally this spring.
5. HAIR-THICKENING PILL If you’re suffering from significant thinning, consider bulking up your mane from within. East West Essentials Optimal Beauty is a daily keratin- and collagen-generating supplement that can “increase the diameter of each hair shaft by 3.8 percent in three months,” says cofounder Jeanne Wilson. Translation: Hair looks thicker and stronger.
6. INSTANT VOLUMIZER When you want major body and shine, get thee a set of hot rollers. Paul Mitchell’s Neuro Cell system heats up in eight seconds and allows for customized settings based on hair type. Bonus: These high-tech rollers are implanted with micro heaters that keep the rollers warm for 15 minutes while you style your hair. Big results.
Read more: How to Get Thick Shiny Hair – Best Products for Thick and Shiny Hair – Harper’s BAZAAR Magazine
Follow us: @harpersbazaarus on Twitter | HarpersBazaar on Facebook
Visit us at HarpersBAZAAR.com